Fundación Dianova Uruguay
Founded in 1999, the Dianova Foundation in Uruguay develops social and educational programmes for people with substance use disorders and their families. Programmes are carried out in the Casa Melilla residential centre and in the Rondeau outpatient centre (Montevideo).
Dianova Uruguay at a Glance
Women: 55%, men: 45%
1 outpatient facility et 1 residential centre
Have benefited from Dianova Uruguay’s educational and training programmes in 2017
Have benefited from Dianova Uruguay’s addiction and mental health programmes in 2017
Programmes and activities
- Comprehensive treatment programme for adolescents with substance use disorders
- Information, counselling and referral centre
- Residential programme for the treatment of dual pathology (addiction and other mental health disorders) for people aged 15 to 30
- Residential addiction treatment programme for the youth
- Outpatient addiction treatment programme
- Implementation of school-based “Substance Abuse Awareness Days” with teachers
- Community mechanism for assisting people with substance use disorders and in situations of extreme vulnerability
- Socio-educational support to reintegration
Dianova Uruguay and the Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
In 2017, Dianova Uruguay implemented an array of educational activities that benefited 26 adolescents as part of a treatment programme for substance use disorders. This comprehensive yet personalized programme includes various aspects of the Sustainable Development Goals #4 (education), 5 (gender equality), 10 (reduced inequalities) and 16 (peace and justice) and helps to strengthen the personal, social and relational development of people by improving their quality of life.
Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Dianova Uruguay’s addiction treatment services contributed to the implementation of Sustainable Development goals 3 (good health and well-being) and 16 (peace and justice) through the implementation of its specialized services (comprehensive treatment programme for adolescents, Information, counseling and referral programme “Ciudadela”, dual pathology treatment programme, and outpatient programmes for youth and adults with substance use disorders).
Lastly, Dianova organizes awareness days on issues related to the use of psychoactive substances for educators and teachers, thus contributing to SDG 3.5: strengthen the prevention and treatment of substance abuse, including narcotic drug abuse and harmful use of alcohol.