IZSATU – Turkey
IZSATU – Izmir Sağlik Turizmi Dernerği
Established in 2012, Izmir Health Tourism Association (IZSATU) aims to contribute to the study, investigation and development of the infrastructure, opportunities and potentials of health tourism in Turkey and more specifically in the Izmir region.
The Izsatu association aims to make Izmir a magnet for health tourism. Its mission is to: contribute to research in health tourism; cooperate with institutions and organizations related to health tourism; and contribute to tourism in general by improving health tourism.
The association is currently working with decisions makers in Turkey to develop addiction rehabilitation centres and facilities specialized in the care of people with autism spectrum disorders.
Areas of Interest
- Carry out studies on health tourism
- Conduct studies on thermal tourism and wellness activities
- Conduct studies on tourism for the elderly or disabled persons
Main Activities in 2017
IZSATU is now working on a number of issues to help develop health tourism, including:
- Analysing the legal framework for health tourism in the objective of making changes necessary for its development
- Improving statistical data collection on the issues concerned, in cooperation with ministries, universities and like-minded NGOs
- Increasing public awareness about health tourism in general and the areas mentioned above, and cooperating with above-mentioned authorities and NGOs
- Organizing conferences, symposiums, congresses and seminars to study health tourism development potentials and limits, nationally and internationally and reporting to concerned authorities,
- Organizing visits abroad to promote health tourism,
- Working to improve awareness of the practises in the field of health tourism around the world, in close cooperation with universities.