IZSATU – Izmir Sağlik Turizmi Dernerği
Established in 2012, The Izmir Health Tourism Association (IZSATU) contributes to investigating the potential and opportunities of developing health tourism infrastructure in Turkey, particularly in the Izmir region. The association also promotes thermal and wellness tourism, with a focus on special audiences, such as elderly people and people living with disabilities.
The Izsatu association aims to make Izmir a magnet for health tourism. Its mission is to: contribute to research in health tourism; cooperate with institutions and organizations related to health tourism; and contribute to tourism in general by improving health tourism.
The association is currently working with decisions makers in Turkey to develop addiction rehabilitation centres and facilities specialized in the care of people with autism spectrum disorders.
- Collaboration with the Izmir Chamber of Commerce
- Attended the event “Hestourex”- Health, Sports and Tourism EXPO
- Attended the 8th International Healthcare Tourism Congress 2018
- Participation in the World Council on Health Tourism
- Attended the International Tourism Fair Travel Turkey where, together with Dianova International, Izsatu delivered a workshop on addiction treatment
Impact on the Sustainable Development Goals
17.17 Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships
8.9 By 2030, devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products