CEPA – Romania
Funded in 2011, the Centrul European pentru Prevenirea Adicţiilor (European Centre for Addiction Prevention or CEPA) is dedicated to promoting and implementing substance abuse prevention and awareness initiatives.
Programmes and Activities 2018
- Education and training
- Health and HIV/AIDS prevention
- School-based drug prevention and awareness initiatives
- Mental health awareness initiatives
Impact on the Sustainable Development Goals
3.5 Strengthen the prevention and treatment of substance abuse, including narcotic drug abuse and harmful use of alcohol.
3.4 By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being.
17.17 Encourage and promote effective public, public-private and civil society partnerships, building on the experience and resourcing strategies of partnerships
Certifications and Affiliations
- Special Consultative Status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Registered organization to the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the UN (DESA)