AJEAH – Togo
Association des Jeunes Engagés pour l’Action Humanitaire (Togo)
AJEAH (Association of Engaged Youth for Humanitarian Action) is a development NGO established in 2007 to contribute to improving people’s living conditions, promoting the rule of law and good governance and ensuring that Togo is in the path to sustainable development.
The mission of AJEAH is to work for the promotion, defense and protection of human rights, safeguard the rights of communities to access natural resources, defend environmental interests and sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, the association benefits from the financial support of the European Union and other technical and financial partners.
Programmes and activities 2018
- Good governance and anti-corruption project in Togo
- Support, follow-up and social and vocational integration of children who travel cross-borders to Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, etc.
- Access to community services, education and empowerment of women and girls in West Africa
- Support for local governance Initiatives in the Plateaux Region
- Support to local governance and citizen participation for water management in the city of Anié
Over 10,000 people have participated in or benefited from the activities of AJEAH in 2018
Impact on the Sustainable Development Goals
The good governance and anti-corruption project, implemented with support from the European Union participates to SDG 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), target 5, Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms and target 6, Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
The project to support, follow-up and social and vocational integration of children traveling cross-borders is aligned with SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth), target 6, By 2020, substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training.
The community, education and empowerment services for girls contribute in general to SDG 4 (Quality education) and SDG 5 (Gender equality). Lastly, the association is committed to supporting citizen participation in water management, thus contributing to SDG 6 (Clean water and sanitation), target b. Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management.
Good governance and anti-corruption project in Togo
Some photos of the project...
- Associate memberof Dianova International
- Recognized as an NGO by the Ministry of Planning and Development
- Signing of an agreement/programme with the Government of Togo
- Anti-corruption Network of Togo
- Civil society organizations’ platform for HIV/AIDS and health promotion
- Forum of the Organizations of Defense of Children’s Rights in Togo
- Council of NGOs and Association of the Plateaux region(COADEP)
- Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN)(civil society network)
- United Nations Global Compact
- Special Consultative Status to the United Nations Economic and Social Council(ECOSOC