“Strengthening Dialogue and Concertation for Prosperity”– Cancún, Quintana Roo (Mexico) 19-21 June
The 47th regular session of the General Assembly of the Organization of American States (OAS) will take place on June 19-21, 2017 in Mexico City, Mexico. The theme of the Assembly, selected by Mexico in its capacity as host country of the event, will be: “Strengthening Dialogue and Concertation for Prosperity”.
The main activity planned for Civil Society at the General Assembly is the “Dialogue of Heads of Delegation, the Secretary General, the Assistant Secretary General and Representatives of Civil Society Organizations, Workers, the Private Sector and Other Social Actors”.
The Dialogue will be divided into segments on the following three thematic areas:
- Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Integral Development and Prosperity in the Hemisphere
- Multidimensional Security
It is important to note that these same three thematic areas will be part of the intergovernmental panels to be carried out at the General Assembly.
In order to center civil society efforts in preparation for this Dialogue, the work of civil society organizations will be carried out through thematic coalitions to be established by a process of self-management on the part of the organizations.
Civil society organizations registered with the OAS and who wish to attend the 47 regular session of the OAS General Assembly must send the following documents regarding their organizations:
- A communication (letter or email) to the OAS Secretary General, indicating their interest in attending the OAS General Assembly, and specifying the names of up to two representatives from their organization who will attend the event.
- A report on the activity of the organization for 20116.