It is a private institution providing primary and secondary education. It is endorsed by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Nicaragua (MINED) while having the obligation to abide by the Ministry's education plan. Dianova activities in Nicaragua in video
It is worth mentioning that the Dianova Nicaragua School provides complete scholarships to boarding or external students, which strongly contributes to decreasing school dropout.
For whom: The School is located in the region of Carazo, Nicaragua, and attends and average of 320 students every year.
Esther del Rio - Las Marías School
The Esther del Rio - Las Marias school caters for Dianova's boarder students who receive complete support in addition to tuition, including all educational materials, healthcare and psychological counselling. Las Marias Center is by the Nicaraguan Ministry of the Family, as a global social service provider for children and adolescents.
For whom: 75 boarder students
The “NEOVIDA” Prevention Program
The Neovida prevention program has been thoroughly documented and validated before being implemented by a multidisciplinary team appointed by Dianova for this purpose. Dianova considers the school environment as a perfect tool to engage in prevention activities. For this reason it has developed a primary, non-specific, prevention program which does not address the sole issue of substance use, but the multi-facetted elements of health education, including how to increase one's personal resources and knowledge and promote safe behavior.
- Adapting to each student's reality, in order to respond to specific needs
- Benchmarking previous educational experiences in Nicaragua and other countries
- Having the educational staff participate actively in program's design and implementation
- Integration of prevention objectives into the school's regular curriculum
- Community standpoint, including interventions with families and the community
- Training, reference and specialized follow-up of the educational team, providing them with the resources they need.
Prevention activities implemented in the program are placed under the educatioal team's leadership and fully integrated in the school's regular curriculums and activities, whether internal or external.
It is critical that all activities be part of the school's educational project as a whole, and not time-limited; in this fashion, the adolescents do not dissociate prevention activities from the remainder of their curricultum.
- Web site